Monday, March 10, 2008

Getting Started

We had a perfect weekend with the boys, from Eli's worm digging and un-prompted thank yous to Reed's precious smiles and firm belief that he's four. It was a gift and I loved every minute.

Liza and I arrived safe and sound in NYC on Sunday afternoon, enjoyed a warm welcome in our hotel lounge from old friends, and then ate Thai food in our room. Today I had an appointment at the hospital in the morning and then we cruised the city a little, saw some friends, and picked up Sushi. We're getting a little quiet time before I head in for my extended stay on Wednesday morning, and it's nice.

My 3 Fs - faith, family, and friends - are in full force these days, giving me great courage and conviction. I love you all, especially my angel of a wife, who's love for me is the most magical force in my life.


-------------
David Holder
(202) 270-3174

8 comments:

Robin and Elaine said...

Elaine, Emily and I are proud to be one of your Fs. We will be with you every inch of the way giving you energy, encouragement and love. Everything in DC is fine....YOU JUST GET BETTER!

Anonymous said...

Dave,
You have been and will remain in my prayers. Thank you for giving all those who are following your progress such an incredible example and lesson in courage and strength and love.

May the support and love that surrounds you and Liza and Eli and Reed, continue to be felt each day and each moment.

"Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it."

Eileen Sheldon (your co-captian in marrying Lindsay and Tyler)

Anonymous said...

We continue to draw inspiration from your courage and strength.
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
~ Lao Tzu

For each of those steps you take we send you our love, strength of body and mind and boundless courage as your body heals. You and your beautiful family continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Love, Sheila and Les Lichter

Anonymous said...

David,
You and Liza are two of the most amazing people we've ever known. Your strength and grace are incredible. We know you are in good hands and can't wait to be able to see you again soon.
Much love,
Linda & Ed

Leeann said...

Enjoy your day to play today, before the hospital!
Leeann

Shannon K said...

David,

I wish I was there to give you a big hug! I'm thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and love your way!

Shannon

Anonymous said...

Your three F's say it all, that will get you through what is ahead. You two are an amazing couple, and we know on that strength you will come out of this with flying colors. Take each day one at time and just think of the good times ahead. Our Love & Best Wishes to you and the boys and your families. Diane & Joey Breslow

Anonymous said...

Hey, wait a minute! You forgot "F" number 4 - the "Fishers"! Ha ha ha. Seriously, we are truly honored to be one of your forces. And, that Liza, well, where can I marry me one of those? :)

Live it up tonite, dear friends. Tomorrow this new chapter begins, and I'm already quickly turning the pages toward the happy ending. Just keep the head down and remember that every day is a step closer to that. Hang in there. We are with you every step of the way ...

XOX
CMF