Saturday, March 8, 2008

I'm Ready

I'm leaving for NY tomorrow, out-patient for two days and then admitted on Wednesday.

Liza and I will be updating the blog with my progress on a regular basis. I will have access to email and my cell phone from the hospital. As long as I'm strong enough to talk and email, then I'll be in touch. I can receive snail mail while I'm an in-patient and the mailing address is below.

David Holder
C/O Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
1275 York Avenue
New York, NY 10065

The plan for visitors is there will be no visitors, unfortunately, until I am strong enough to request visitors, and of course I hope this is as soon as possible. In the meantime, and particularly of late, I feel you visiting me in spirit. When I need it I am closing my eyes and seeing the light, which is just a bright, calming, breath-taking moment that brings me back to a deep breath and peace.  I have been calling on this a lot and you're delivering. Thank you.

As a good friend likes to say, "We'll be talkin' soon".

I love you all.


-------------
David Holder
(202) 270-3174

7 comments:

Leeann said...

Dave,

You're in my thoughts, in my prayers, on my mind and in my heart.

May only peace, love and healing surround you until you are back at home.

Love,
Leeann N and family

Unknown said...

Godspeed.

Know I will be thinking about you everyday. Praying for you each step of the way.

I am going to show you and Liza and the boys the best time in NYC when you get out.

XO EAH

Anonymous said...

Dave,
You have my most hopeful wishes for you and your family.

-Min Tun

Anonymous said...

To Dave Holder, the bravest man I know. The clouds seemed to open up today and the sun shone down when you took to the skies. My guess is your landing in NYC as I type. We already miss you and Liza! PLOW ON, dear friend!!!!

My thought for you today:
"For without belittling the courage with which men have died, we should not forget those acts of courage with which men have lived." ~ John F. Kennedy

Or as I like to say:
KICK SOME BUTT!!!

We love you guys so much!!!!

XO
CMF

PS - A package is already in the mail this week! :)

Andrew Slocum said...

_slocum@yahoo.comI'm with you all the way Dave...my whole family is with you...my neighbors, church, and work as well for that matter...basically Houston is ready for your BMT liftoff...we will keep watch and wait for a safe landing upon your return from this most heroic mission...plow on!

Slocum

Anonymous said...

go get 'em David. you've got the stuff. sending you my best energy and wishes.

Anonymous said...

David,
We are thinking of both of you and sending our best wishes and strongest prayers. I saw Reid today with his granpa and his nanny in music class. He and Sofia had a blast together and he was just loving the whole thing. I took a picture on my cell phone and sent it to Liza. He's a cute one. We are thinking of you always,
Love, Sandra and Dan