Wednesday, March 12, 2008

BMT Day 1

So far so good. I went into surgery this morning to implant the second port (with three access points) into my chest. The first port (with two access points) was implanted in August. Now I have five access points in my chest for deposits (drugs/fluids) and withdrawals (blood). A little freaky.

The room is big and nice. Liza's got a couch/bed, there are two nice windows (with a decent view), a computer (with Skype so if you use Skype please let me know, my username is david.holder2), a couple of chairs, a TV and DVD. Plush. I'll be in good shape and Liza should be relatively comfortable while she's here.

I start chemo tomorrow morning.

-------------
David Holder
(202) 270-3174

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Liza's off the blow-up bed!

Tons of love -- Sal

Anonymous said...

Much love, prayers and positive energy to both of you. Don't hesitate one instant to call us if you need ANYTHING!

Brian and Wendy Doak

Anonymous said...

Just checking in. Glad you got the upgrade - and Liza too! Spun for you today ... :)

XO
CMF

Anonymous said...

Hey I would love to talk to you on skype. I'm new to it but my user name is jane.kauffman. I send you my love - Jane

Anonymous said...

Guess what - my skype name is davidholder because my name is David Holder.

Getting lots of pings that I presume are for you......