Friday, January 18, 2008

Chemo on Tuesday

I went to Hopkins today for a CT scan, blood work, and a meeting with my doctors. Based on the clear CT scan, subsiding pain, and blood counts that are strong enough, the decision is to be admitted on Tuesday for my next chemo session. Like the last session, this will be three nights in the hospital but I have my beautiful bride with me so it will be as easy as possible.

I hope you all have a fun holiday weekend!

____________________________
David Holder
(202) 270-3174

4 comments:

Leeann said...

Hi Dave!

Good news that things are looking good for you to get the chemo on schedule and continue your fight. So far we are having a good weekend. Kate has gone bowling with a friend, then off to church with said friend for youth group, then a sleepover (here with friend) tonight then a basketball game (they are on the same team) tomorrow. The boys and I went to lunch, returned something, went to the library, had ice cream and they are now busy being storm troopers.
"these are the days, to remember..."

Hugs,
Leeann

Dana Little Jackson said...

Wow- go ICE. That's terrific that you're responding so quickly. Bodes well for getting that BMT on the sooner side I would think. Subsiding pain, that's good too. Thanks for keeping us posted. As always, we're here for you and Liza. Dana

Unknown said...

Hi David, I am so grateful to hear ICE is working. I imagine Ice melting itself all over the intruders and kicking them out. I am glad you are finding moments where pain subsides a bit. Thinking about you and Liza and the boys and sending you all my energy and spirit from sunny CA. XO EAH

Anonymous said...

You will be in our thoughts, wish we could be there with you. Love, Ellen and Bill