Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Roller Coaster

Yesterday I had a fever so I was admitted to the hospital. This is the most common experience of a transplant patient. A fever is easy to get and yet could be devastating to me in my debilitated state. The doctors loaded me up on fluids and anti-biotics, and monitored me closely at the ER until my blood pressure came back (it was very low). Liza sat in an uncomfortable hospital chair until they gave me the all clear (at 3am) to go to a room (the same room I had for the transplant cooincidentally). She's so much tougher than me.

This is inconvenient, but hopefully not a long set-back; I can heal the rest of me while they work on the fever, so there is no wasted time!

As for the lung biopsy results, there is no news yet. All tests are negative so far. This is a little odd b/c there is clearly a lot of growth in the lung. The procedure may be redone in a more invasive manner in order to be sure they got the right sample.

-------------
David Holder
(202) 270-3174

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're here. Breathing with you. In and out, slow and steady. With deep love, Sal

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you all the time. Our fingers are crossed, just one step at a time. Love, Aunt Ellen

Anonymous said...

We are with you and thinking of you every second. This too shall pass.
XOXO
Cath, Todd, and Sam

Unknown said...

You can beat this David - we're all behind you! The Cyrs

Anonymous said...

We are here David, holding you and Liza and the boys steady in our hearts. Sending our love and healing energy to you. You have come so far. Breath deep. Slow and steady...you will win this race. Peace, Jenny G. and The White Boys

amandaorr said...

David and Liza, I thinking about you guys always and praying for a quick turnaround to this setback.

xo,
Amanda

Dana Little Jackson said...

Thanks for keeping us posted. A common setback, I'm sure, but difficult nonetheless. We are thinking of you all the time and hoping you get to the bottom of the lung thing soon so they can treat you and get you feeling better soon. love, Dana

Anonymous said...

We sure are thinking of you and praying for you. Hang in there. What an unbelievable year. You are a strong person. Hope they don't have to get more sample.
Keep up the writing. We all think and check on you. Sheila

Anonymous said...

We love you bro.

- Marullus, Yamma, and the girls

(I had to put the "bro" on there to keep from sounding too mushy, but we do love you, and we think of you often.)