Friday, May 30, 2008

TCB

A good friend of mine and now retired college lacrosse coach taught me about TCB, which means, "takin care of business".  When I first got out of the hospital, I was just relieved, thrilled to smell the outside air, and to sleep in a real bed. Now I remember there is still a lot of work to be done. I need to figure out how to take all my pills, eat, and drink. These three tasks are not easy for me right now, but focusing on TCB makes my job much easier. With your continued love and support, TCB becomes even easier.

I've had some visitors since I busted out of the hospital and it's great to see you all. I look forward to more visits and to the great energy and spirit you bring with you.

TCB!

-------------
David Holder
(202) 270-3174

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dave,
After spending time with your mom when my Dad - her cousin David - died in Dec., I have been keeping you and your family in my thoughts all the time. I am SO so glad to hear that you were finally discharged and are on the upswing. No doubt Dad is keeping a watchful eye and sending you - his namesake - extra doses of determination when the days are long and tiring.

Stay strong and keep TCB-ing.

Laura Young

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

I am a friend of your mom's and keep reading your blog and praying for you.
One of your silent admirors.
Jennifer McKenna

Anonymous said...

Can anyone guess what song's stuck in my head?!

Love -- Sal

Anonymous said...

and working overtime.

- Marullus

Anonymous said...

I am laughing out loud and smiling ear to ear. Thanks so much for making my weekend Dave, Sal and Marullus! Hey, do they still have the ice cream store TCBY? That would be a perfect place to put on a few pounds...

Anonymous said...

Overjoyed Dave! Just keep TCB and the rest will keep falling into place.
Thinking of you and your family you back in DC...
Very best,
Logan (Helman)

Anonymous said...

OK, the next disk I send you is goin' have that tune

TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS - EVERY DAY!
TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS - ALL THE WAY!

I love it - keep getting stronger.

XO
CMF

PS - Emily is bringing Liza jeans and a big hug from us next weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you...don't overdue it on the company. TCB comes first. You still need to get your strength back. I'm so elated that things are going well.

Prayers and God bless as always..

Dottie M.

Anonymous said...

Dave - we are so excited that you have been sprung! We look forward to your return to DC and to the park - it's just not the same without you. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. Take it day by day and you will be home before you know it :)
Much love - Halley, Jen & Eli

Anonymous said...

Dear David,
Wow, we are so impressed with you and Liza's strength and so so so happy for you!
Love,
Sandra, Dan, Andres & Sofia