Friday, February 15, 2008

I Love NY

We're heading North. It turns out that Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital in NYC has, for me, the best bone marrow transplant ("BMT") protocols. As a result, next week I get one more dose of ICE chemo at Hopkins and then in March I head up to NYC for the BMT. The procedure could keep me in the big city for up to 5 months!  We're excited for the adventure. Liza's got me thinking of it as a stint abroad. I love her. I'll post updates in the coming days as we figure out logistics.

In the meantime, I'm feeling better, battling serious nasuea and headaches, but happy knowing the symptoms should diminish a lot by Monday.

NYC. Wow. Here we come.

-------------
David Holder
(202) 270-3174

5 comments:

Catherine Nelson said...

Just think how wonderful it will be to get back home and be lymphoma free forever!!! We are rooting for you all the way.

XOXO,
Catherine, Todd, and Sam

Leeann said...

Sounds like NYC is about to become a much better place!

I need to check and see if you've posted new photos of your kiddos recently. They are so cute!

Keep hanging in there, Dave. You and Liza are doing such a great job staying positive and walking down the road to wellness together!

Leeann and family

Robin and Elaine said...

I guess you'll be rooting for the Yankees this summer....NOT! We're here or in NYC for you every step of the way!

Anonymous said...

Those little town blues (ba ba ba ba da)
Are melting away (ba ba ba ba da)
You want to BE a part of it
HOLDER, NEW YORK!
If you can (ba ba) MAKE IT THERE
You'll make it (ba ba) ANYWHERE!!

It's up to you (kick), New (kick) York (kick), New Yooorrrkkkkk!

Go "kick" some serious cancer butt up there. We'll miss you tremendously, of course, but maybe we'll just have to come visit! :)

XOX
CMF

emmaimpavido said...

New York in the spring time sounds fun. As Reed takes his first steps you are taking big strides towards a healthy you. You are all amazing and are in our thoughts constantly.
Love,
Emma, Gregorio and girls.x