Friday, June 13, 2008

Ups and Downs

With the kids here the highs are definitely higher - just their smiles are worth their weight in gold - but the lows are much lower. I am exhausted and have to remember my limitations and priorities, otherwise the exhaustion turns into a nasty downward spiral, effecting my eating, drinking, pill taking, and sleeping. I'll get better at it but the last week has been rough physically.

Thank you for your continued well wishes. I love hearing from you, even if I don't have the energy to respond, your emails and notes give me a big boost.

Have a great weekend!

-------------
David Holder
(202) 270-3174

8 comments:

Leeann said...

Dave,

I'm sorry the adjustment has been difficult. I can understand that it would be. You'll find that point of balance, though, and remember that we are lifting you up and holding you and your family in our hearts, every day.

xo,
Leeann

Anonymous said...

Slow and steady...

Loving you -- Sal (and Ruby!)

Anonymous said...

Take one step at time, and you will get there. Love Diane & Joey

Anonymous said...

Keep up the positive attitude, David, you'll get there!

Shabbat Shalom and a very, very happy Father's Day!!!

Love,
Shani, Jerry, Zakai & Shamai

Andy Stewart said...

David -

Keep it up, pal. I continue to be proud of your endurance. We think about you often. Hope to see you soon.

Cheers,
Andy

Anonymous said...

David, walking around NYC must be a hoot. Sorry to cut the call short the other day, we were holding up cars. Bunch of folks from '93 sent best wishes. Mike

Anonymous said...

Hey Strong Man! If it's any consolation to you, my 4-year-old and two-year-olds wear me out, too! :) But hang in there. With their unstoppable love, you are sure to be better sooner and faster. Perhaps they are just getting you back for the boundless energy you've always showed them! Soon you'll be back and better than ever. Happy Father's Day to one of the best dads around! Eli and Reedy are two lucky little boys.

Keep TCB!

XO
CMF

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's day to one of the best Dad's I know! Hug them hard and take a deep breath. Love you bunches buddy. Jenny G and the White Boys