Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Roller Coaster

Yesterday I had a fever so I was admitted to the hospital. This is the most common experience of a transplant patient. A fever is easy to get and yet could be devastating to me in my debilitated state. The doctors loaded me up on fluids and anti-biotics, and monitored me closely at the ER until my blood pressure came back (it was very low). Liza sat in an uncomfortable hospital chair until they gave me the all clear (at 3am) to go to a room (the same room I had for the transplant cooincidentally). She's so much tougher than me.

This is inconvenient, but hopefully not a long set-back; I can heal the rest of me while they work on the fever, so there is no wasted time!

As for the lung biopsy results, there is no news yet. All tests are negative so far. This is a little odd b/c there is clearly a lot of growth in the lung. The procedure may be redone in a more invasive manner in order to be sure they got the right sample.

-------------
David Holder
(202) 270-3174

1 comment:

Leeann said...

Dave,

Although your post was very upbeat, undoubtedly you are going through a "rough patch" Your good spirits will continue to serve you well and you can rest assured that your family and friends are continuing to lift you up and pray for your healing and strength to return.

Prayers also for Liza and her endless strength.

Leeann and family