Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Getting Closer

Today I had a CT scan, and it showed the lung getting materially better. Now the doctors are working on exactly the right lung drug mix for me to take as an outpatient. This process may take a good 10 days, but as soon as they figure it out, then I should get the green light for discharge. So we're still on track for May discharge, and probably sometime next week. In the meantime, I get stronger every day, eating, sleeping, exercising, and getting acclimated to oral meds instead of IV drugs.

Thank you again to everyone for your help in all things family related, and for your inspiring well wishes; to my wife for her tireless love, even during these difficult transition times; and to my doctors and nurses for getting me back in shape to join the real world. I love you all.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ready or not NYC, here you come! :)

XO
CMF

Unknown said...

Wonderful. XO EAH

Anonymous said...

David that is such wonderful news, we will be keeping our fingers crossed that you get out the end of May. You and Liza are truely amazing people and of course your families as well. Love Diane & Joey

Anonymous said...

David,
I got the chills when I read this post - I'm so excited for you. Man you are a fighter. An inspiring, strong, wonderful person. And, again, it's no surprise at all that Liza has been so incredible...she's the best. See you in NYC come June!
Love,
Caren

Anonymous said...

Does this mean we get to hear some more movie recommendations, or perhaps some election commentary?!

Rock On! -- Sal

Andrew Slocum said...

Apollo 13 has restarted its engines and appears to be on on its way back...now we just need to ensure its at the right angle for re-entry. I can't wait to see that big beautiful parachute open!!!

Slocum (aka Houston Mission Control Center!)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Dave! It's countdown time! Best to Liza and the boys!
Prayers and thoughts as always...

Dottie M.

Bill Y said...

Great news Dave - we are so glad you are feeling better and getting ready to go home. the Young clan is thinking about you here in NYC,

Bill/Emily

Anonymous said...

Hot diggity(beat).

Anonymous said...

We have been checking each day for your news. Keep going strong. Love,Aunt Ellen

Anonymous said...

holder - i like the good news. Could you shoot me your email address, which I cannot find anywhere? I am going to be in NYC this weekend, and if you are up to it I would like to stop by and see you for a bit. please drop me a line either way at matt@briggsnorfolk.com. Look forward to hearing from you.
NoNo

Anonymous said...

david,
great news--you guys are going to take nyc by storm! wishing you well

xo
seema