Friday, February 1, 2008

Hopkins Update

We are driving back from a day at Hopkins. After a PET scan, blood work, and conversations with doctors, the plan is tentatively set. Tuesday I start my third round of ICE chemo, and then two weeks later the bone marrow transplant starts. The BMT starts as out patient care, and then on or about March 1st I'll be admitted for a few weeks. Hopkins wants to do two BMTs. The first with my blood (an auto transplant) and the second with my sister's blood (an allo transplant). The second BMT would take place in May or June. The year's already flying by! :)

____________________________
David Holder
(202) 270-3174

3 comments:

Dana Little Jackson said...

An update and a plan indeed! Things are moving fast, aren't they? I can't tell you how pleased I am that they are being so aggressive. Thanks, as always, for keeping us posted. love, Dana

Anonymous said...

Liza updated us on the plan the other night. Do you know how articulate Dr. Liza is? :) (I'm sure you do, of course!) So glad to hear a plan is set as I imagine wrangling with the decisions has been a battle all its own for you guys.

We're not going away anytime soon and plan to be with you all the way ... so please keep letting us know if there's anything we can do.

XO
CMF

Andrea said...

Dave, My father was David Schwartz. I would love to hear from you when you feel up to it. You can email me at a.thaman@insightbb.com. Warmly, Andrea Schwartz Thaman