Saturday, April 12, 2008

Status Quo

We're still in the holding pattern, taking each hour at a time, getting my blood checked twice daily, waiting for the white counts to jump. the good news is that as we pass the time waiting, the doctors and nurses recognize and wack down most uncomfortable sypmtoms within a few days of materialization.

Thank you again for your generosity. From cards and emails and packages to Blood and Platelets (which I get almost every day, and without your donations there would be a heavy strain on MSKCC's repository). I don't find out the donor's name when I receive blood or platelets, but the hospital will give us a list of people that came in and I can't wait to thank you more personally.

-------------
David Holder
(202) 270-3174

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David,

I have told your mom that one can tell that you are an exceptional person just by looking at you, and you are proving that to be true.
And Liza is proving to be so, too.(By the way, I love reading about the love you have for your wife!)

Your CARING mom is visiting today.
I have watched her and learned from her during this time. I see so many of the qualities with which she has fortified you when I read your blog. She, like you, knows a million people, and everytime we go anywhere together she always sees friends, and Troy and I just stand there waiting for her to finish with all the friends that keep bumping into her. We are blessed to have her as a neighbor.

Your mom continues to tutor these young kids from the surrounding schools, and the SUV's just line up every evening until seven and eight o'clock. I am not sure what tutoring goes on in her house, because all I see from the front yard is your mom introducing the students to me or having the kids pet the cat or take note of something in nature. But I do talk to the parents, and they are all pretty shocked at how much their children benefit from her tutoring.

The record breaking blood donations at Sloan-Kettinger confirm any notion of 'formidable folk' I've ever had about you or your mom, who is donating as I write. We might pick her up tonight when she gets back to Baltimore, but it may be just easier for her to take a cab.

Please keep up your hard, hard work. We all are praying for you and thinking about you each and every day.

MUCH LOVE, Sheila and Troy

Andrew Slocum said...

Dave,

I've got some major "positive visualization" going on down here. I see smiling faces, high fives, hugs, and laughter in the future...oh and don't forget a tackle too...i'm going to take you down...thinking positive for you this week as I understand we are looking for a change in the right direction...we are with you...always...plow on.

Slocum

PS....Big Red took Dartmouth...at Princeton this Saturday.