Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Counts and Routine

My white count was at 3500 this morning. Good news. There are many criteria in addition to the white cell counts that I must meet prior to discharge, but the whites are a good overall indicator. In addition, as the whites go up, the doctors start adding and removing drugs to see how I react and try to prepare me for life on the outside again. This too is good news.

I have a routine that gets me through the days and nights, and it is welcome that the routine should start to change in the coming weeks as the doctors add and remove drugs.

I've watched more NBA basketball (Chris Paul!!) and AMC movies than any sane person should attempt, but at least there are some good games and I'm a sucker for old funny movies (at least in my current state of zero energy).

All my best to you, my lifeline that keeps me going (and improving) with your love and support. I hope you all are loving the Spring with all its gifts and optimism.


-------------
David Holder
(202) 270-3174

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

3500!!! Thats awesome!!Soon enough you'll be out there enjoying the spring time weather too! Keep it up!! Love, Emi

Shannon K said...

ROCK ON DAVID!!!!!!! Such great news! When all of this is a distant memory, I have decided there needs to be a kegger to celebrate your rebirth. I will fly in for that!!!!!!

SK

Robin and Elaine said...

NBA basketball is on? Who knew? Pretty soon you and Liza will be chasing Eli and Reedie thru Central Park. You're doing great! Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You've like quadraplebillionated your white cell count! That's some pretty serious work by that body of yours. Amazing stuff! Such fabulous news. Hmmm ... the only downside of this is all this basketball watching ... something tells me you now have more moves than ever and you will likely whoop my husband's butt on the court next time you see him (not that you needed MORE moves to do that, but we won't tell him!). :)

SPRING HAS SPRUNG in so many ways! Grow baby, grow.

XO
CMF

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news!! Your body's fighting hard, and you are in great hands.

Love,

Jenny, Kil, Miles & Cole

Anonymous said...

that's amazing! keep it up! and i'm glad you at least didn't watch the caps last night... ug.

love. tansy

Anonymous said...

David,
What AWESOME news! You go! If I were there I would sing the theme to The Jeffersons to you (much to your dismay)as your count moves on up! :)
You are a champ and a fighter and we are so proud of you. We are all looking forward to giving you a big hug sometime soon - the twins also give nice, wet, open-mouthed "kisses" if you would like one.
xoxo
Caren

Unknown said...

Jumping BBall players! Jumping White Count! YEAH. Keep on Jumping! XO EAH

Anonymous said...

We were in DC Tues night for an alumni gig and your name was bouncing around Rosa Mexicano - about you, your blog, your progress, your outlook...can't wait to see you when this whole thing is over. Sending love to you & Superwoman...

Amy

Anonymous said...

So, White Cells Can Jump!

Go Dave.

- Marullus

Anonymous said...

Hi David,

I am impressed with your WBC rise, mine didn't make it into the normal range until a year post bmt. Know that BMTSupport.org is thinking of you and praying for you during this time. We are keeping up with your progress via your blog and via wex. Keep up the great work.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Dave - I can't believe you're going through this and that I just found out! Stephen updated me the other day and I aksed for your blog - I am so amazed and encouraged with every entry I read. You are in my constant prayers and I will be following your recovery with awe, hope and support. You really are an inspiration and I wish you nothing but good health and God's blessings. Kathy Little