Wednesday, January 9, 2008

ICE, ICE, Baby

Liza and I have set-up camp here in room 14 at Hopkins. Liza's got an air matress to provide her with a little relief, we have two big windows, a bathroom, and everything is clean and fresh. The nurses and doctors are terrific and here around the clock as the chemo starts at 10:30pm. The current drugs run for about 24 hours. My abdominal pain comes and goes but when it comes it is raging unfortunately. We'll get past it. We have lots of well wishers and supporters and your love lifts us to a higher place. Thank you.

____________________________
David Holder
(202) 270-3174

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

David -
We're all pulling for you!! You'll definitely get past this. Our thoughts are always with you and Liza. We love you!
Love, Becky and Alan

Anonymous said...

Lots of love!

My Parents are keeping me up to date with the goings on. We're thinking about you all the time.

Anonymous said...

david,
glad things are cheerful and you can still rap about it! you are the man! stay stronger, big hug to liza.

seema

Unknown said...

Hi David,

I'm Brian Doak's dad, and recently my wife Ann and I had your mother over for lunch. Brian told me he visited you yesterday and you appeared in good spirits and holding up well in a tough situation. Brian's initial cancer diagnosis was pretty grim, but he is literally living proof that you can beat cancer and live a long and happy life afterwards. Ann and I wish you well in what we know from experience with Brian is a very tough time. Godspeed toward your recovery, and our best to Liza. John Doak

Anonymous said...

Recurrence, reshmurance... Mac & I miss you and will visit you soon. Planning to beat the living cancer outa ya for missing the Ravens reunion (Elizabeth was a great representative, but we needed our Dave there). Smoke pot, booze again and eat as much sugar as humanly possible - pain is highly overrated. We love ya brother.

- Vaughn

Anonymous said...

I did not check the blog for a couple weeks, so when I was calling, I had no idea what was going on.

Always in our prayers...

- Marullus and Yamma

Anonymous said...

David, you are amazing--despite the unpredictable pain you keep informing all of us worried friends about the good, the bad, and even the funny moments. And Liza, what can we say--you just pull out that air mattress and try to support everybody. Please let us know any way that we can help you. Love, Phyllis and Steve